Since the release of V2.0 is getting close, I can no longer avoid a major decision; how much, if any, to charge for the upgrade.
In the three years I've been selling Artemis, I've never charged for an upgrade. But I never promised this would always be my policy. There are good reasons to charge; there are good reasons to NOT charge. I've been wrestling with this decision since I decided to work on V2.0.
Right now, my tentative plan is to charge new bridge licences the same $40us price, and give existing game owners a coupon for $35us off. This means existing owners would pay $5us for the V2.0 upgrade. This upgrade coupon would apply to the digital download, not the boxed copy.
Please let me know what YOU think of this choice. Your good will and opinion means a lot to me.
Creator of Artemis