I have picked up support of the Mission Editor from Hissatsu, since he can no longer continue supporting it. I created this new topic so that I have control over the starting post.
This is a complete Mission Editor environment for Artemis!
It provides GUI interface for editing the mission, adding and editing objects and conditions on a graphical space map, editing commands and conditions as statements presented in plain english, and more...
This program will allow you to:
- Create and edit missions in a Windows Forms interface
- Edit your commands and conditions in a graphial user interface with dropdown input suggestion, context help and lots of keyboard hotkeys for fast operation
- See and operate mission conditions and statements as plain english text, meaning you dont have to study the help files to know what commands or conditions are available to you or what the exact command or condition you encountered in mission file will actually do in game, you just chose commands or conditions from the list, and see everything in plain english, like "Create enemy at point (x, y, z) bearing 35 degrees with name..."
- Structurize your mission's events into folders, making it MUCH easier to navigate bigger missions
- Convert deprecated statements (like "direct") into their new versions (direct => add_ai point_throttle/target_throttle)
- Edit "create object" statements in events and start blocks using a graphical space map, which termendously helps positioning objects around
- Edit coordinates / spheres / rectangles on space map too (used in statements like direct, add_ai, if_inside/outside_sphere/box, destroy_near,...)
- See the logic flow and event dependency (which event triggers which event or requires which event to be triggered, etc.)
- Quickly find errors in your mission, like missing attributes that will crash the game, etc.
- Use all the quality-of-life features you expect to have. Copy/paste (you can even copy/paste to/from a text editor), undo/redo, autosave into a separate file so you dont lose unsaved work in the case of unexpected shutdown, smart find/replace, etc.
- Tweak it to your liking by modifying an extensive settings list.
You can find instructions, tutorial videos, latest version download links on the artemis wiki:
* replaced all occurrences of "if_targeting" with "if_player_is_targeting".
New version 13.02.11.1 (Russ Judge)
* Specified the number format to US English to ensure numbers get saved to mission files correctly.
Please note that if your culture uses commas as decimal points, you may now need to use periods if you used commas before.
Not certain of this, though, since my system is US English.
New version 13.02.05.2 (Russ Judge)
* Corrected spelling of Intrepid from Interpid.
version 13.02.05.1 (Russ Judge)
* Changed default attributes for LAUNCH_FIGHTERS for add_ai from value2 to value1.
version 13.01.31.1 (Russ Judge)
Thanks to KatoKatonian for identifying these bugs, and doing an excellent job of identifying the fix.
* Fixed bug introduced with version 13.01.18.1 for handling objects with expressions in X and Z for objects.
If the event had nameless objects that were mappable (no expressions), the process would crash upon Accept & Close.
* Fixed typo for setting the "targetName" attribute to null (not included in Xml) on the "Direct" command.
* Fixed process for adding whales to spacemap. It would simply never add them.
* Ran Code Analysis with Minimum Recommended Microsoft Rules and fixed a handful of issues.
A few things of note: Source code is available on the same page as the download on the Artemis Wiki. My continued support will be limited to simple bug fixes and adding in new commands, so long as that is possible. If anyone wishes to apply their own tweaks they are welcome to take a look at the source code to see what they can do.
Please report any bugs on this thread--it's the best and quickest way to get fixes.
[Last edited Mar 27, 2013 12:51:33]