This is a complete Mission Editor environment for Artemis!
It provides GUI interface for editing the mission, adding and editing objects and conditions on a graphical space map, editing commands and conditions as statements presented in plain english, and more...
This program will allow you to:
- Create and edit missions in a Windows Forms interface
- Edit your commands and conditions in a graphial user interface with dropdown input suggestion, context help and lots of keyboard hotkeys for fast operation
- See and operate mission conditions and statements as plain english text, meaning you dont have to study the help files to know what commands or conditions are available to you or what the exact command or condition you encountered in mission file will actually do in game, you just chose commands or conditions from the list, and see everything in plain english, like "Create enemy at point (x, y, z) bearing 35 degrees with name..."
- Structurize your mission's events into folders, making it MUCH easier to navigate bigger missions
- Convert deprecated statements (like "direct") into their new versions (direct => add_ai point_throttle/target_throttle)
- Edit "create object" statements in events and start blocks using a graphical space map, which termendously helps positioning objects around
- Edit coordinates / spheres / rectangles on space map too (used in statements like direct, add_ai, if_inside/outside_sphere/box, destroy_near,...)
- See the logic flow and event dependency (which event triggers which event or requires which event to be triggered, etc.)
- Quickly find errors in your mission, like missing attributes that will crash the game, etc.
- Use all the quality-of-life features you expect to have. Copy/paste (you can even copy/paste to/from a text editor), undo/redo, autosave into a separate file so you dont lose unsaved work in the case of unexpected shutdown, smart find/replace, etc.
- Tweak it to your liking by modifying an extensive settings list.
You can find instructions, tutorial videos, latest version download links on the artemis wiki:
I am currently taking a break from Artemis, so I dont think I will develop this program further anytime soon. I will still make sure to visit this thread at regular basis and fix all bugs found, or update the editor to work with new Artemis versions, so please keep the feedback coming!
If anyone would like to take over this project, to develop the editor further, I would gladly share the source codes (VS2010 C# project) and explain the inner workings of the code I wrote.
The new topic for this editor is here http://www.artemis.eochu.com/?page_id=28#/20130130/artemis-mission-editor-2347979/
as it is now updated by RussJudge
[Last edited Jan 31, 2013 07:47:42]